Business Unit Description
Are you a college student with broad analytical and strategic skills who is creative and passionate about marketing, strategic change, and business growth? Our Membership Lifecycle Management Team is looking for you! Our team drives the full lifecycle for AARP's almost 38 million members, including membership acquisition and retention, member benefits and creation of new member value, membership operations, and member communications and experience. If you want to learn from a great team of professionals, apply now.Summary
Within the Membership Lifecycle Management Team, the AARP Membership Lifecycle Management intern serves as an internal strategic, marketing, and operations team member for a combination of membership, member benefits, and key strategic marketing projects.
This position will support the development of key business enablers aimed to improve the AARP member lifecycle. Knowledge of marketing, strategy, analysis, and business development is preferred. We are seeking an intern for summer 2021 who is eager to contribute to critical team projects and challenging goals while learning key business practices.
The intern will support a variety of projects working with top leaders across the team to develop a broad knowledge base of marketing, strategy, operations, member experience, and benefit development. The intern will develop and deliver strategic projects, provide program support, and craft marketing recommendations. The intern will also evaluate opportunities to leverage AARP's capabilities to deliver maximum value and enhance the member lifecycle.
We'll challenge you to think and work in new ways. We are committed to your growth and will cultivate your continued learning and development.Responsibilities
On an average day, you will be:
- Apply innovative thinking and problem-solving to new membership, member value, and member experience opportunities
- Use data and insights to evaluate the needs and wants of members
- Provide insightful analysis of markets and companies
Managing Project Plans
- Develop and manage project plans to ensure coordination and execution
- Assist members of the team on projects related to strategy and implementation, benefit development, and member marketing
Assessing Member Lifecycle
- Recommend opportunities to infuse value throughout the member lifecycle
- Conduct internet research on emerging trends in consumer behavior, industry solutions, competitive landscape, etc.
Prospective interns must be currently enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college or university; and be considered risApping undergraduate juniors or seniors, graduate students, or post-doctorate students.
AARP also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers. This may include those who have previously graduated from college and are enrolled in a continuing education program.
The following skills are essential for this intern role:
- Marketing interest, experience, and/or relevant coursework
- Social media interest, experience, and/or relevant coursework
- Internet and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Team attitude
- Initiative and ability to work independently
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.
At AARP, the health and well-being of our candidates, employees, and members is a top priority. As a result of the COVID pandemic, all interviews will be held virtually and all non-essential employees will continue to work remotely until further notice. AARP has established social distancing policies to ensure the safety of our essential employees.Equal Employment Opportunity