The National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) seeks an intern for the summer to support its Strategy & Policy Team. The Strategy & Policy Team is a cross-cutting team that coordinates state and federal work at the National Women’s Law Center.
- Please note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this internship opportunity will be fully remote for the summer.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially those who face multiple forms of discrimination, including women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at www.nwlc.org.
Duties of the Strategy & Policy intern may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with research, educational content, and event planning for cross-cutting state work;
- Tracking developments and partners in the states around key issue areas;
- Updating and maintaining the state legislator database;
- Drafting entries for the National Women’s Law Center blog;
- Attending meetings with coalition partners; and
- Supporting other tasks as needed by the team.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, a recent 2-5-page writing sample, and contact information for three references to spinternships@email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on the NWLC website: Job Openings at The NWLC | Strategy & Policy Internship- Summer 2021