The Global Fairness Initiative (GFI) is recruiting for a part-time Global Programs intern based in Washington, DC. GFI is a non-profit organization that promotes a more equitable, sustainable approach to economic development for the world’s working poor by advancing fair wages, equal access to markets, and balanced public policy to generate opportunity and end the cycle of poverty. GFI’s approach is to engage multiple players to find economic solutions and create economic opportunity, to partner with locally established organizations to have the greatest impact and leave behind lasting results and institutions, and to leverage international networks of respected experts, political and social luminaries, trade and finance stakeholders, and business leaders to maximize the inputs and impacts of GFI initiatives. To advance these objectives, the Global Programs intern will be responsible for providing finance, research, programmatic, and administrative support to GFI staff. Specifically, the intern is expected to assist the Executive Director and the programs team in the management of GFI programs and activities. Tasks may include supporting database management of GFI contacts and potential donors, managing financial and narrative reporting requirements, tracking monitoring and evaluation data, and attending roundtables and events around D.C. to report back to GFI staff on relevant news, potential partners, or general updates.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Intern position includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
● Assist in preparation of programmatic reports and updates
● Track and analyze program specific monitoring and evaluation data
● Conduct research on topics relevant to GFI programs
● Assist with financial management and reporting for GFI programs
● Support proposal writing and strategy design for prospective programs
● Update and maintain GFI program webpages
● General administrative duties (less than 10%) local solutions for a global economy 2000 P Street Suite 210 Washington, DC 20036
● Tel 202-898-9022
● Email email@example.com
● Have, or be working toward, a Bachelors degree in a relevant field (international relations/development, communications, economics, political science, business or a related field)
● Experience working on research and writing in a professional setting (preferred)
● Knowledge of foreign languages; French, Arabic, Spanish, Nepali, or Gujarati are a plus ● Familiarity with international development issues and practices (preferred)
● Demonstrated interest in economic equality and fairness
● Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
● Available to work 15-20 hours per week
TO APPLY: Please note that this is an unpaid internship. If you are interested in applying, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for an internship. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
DEADLINE: Application for GFI internships is on a rolling basis. Expected start date is late May-early June.