IRI seeks to create an engaging, purposeful, and structured virtual internship program that educates and promotes students’ interest in democracy and governance while building tangible skills for their future endeavors. The intern will support the work of IRI’s Transatlantic Strategy Division.
Interns will learn about time management and deal with multiple activities in a fast-paced work environment. Other professional learning opportunities include attending topic meetings, conferences, and seminars.
This position is virtual will start May 10, 2021 for no more than sixteen (16) weeks and may not be extended.
- Availability to start on May 10, 2021
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to changing situations and priorities
- Pursuing or received a bachelor’s degree in international affairs, political science, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest in European politics;
- Assist staff with program activities, events and training missions
- Support systems and database system and database management
- Monitor domestic and international media outlets daily for news regarding IRI
- Write as a contributor to IRI’s blog
- Prepare programmatic content for external audiences by copyediting and formatting documents
- Assists in researching a variety of topics for briefing papers, program proposals and reports
- Assists in preparing report and presentations
- Provides administrative support
- Provides back-up for the receptionist as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Increased familiarity with political processes at the European and country level
- Improved written and verbal communication skills
- Greater understanding of international democracy development
- Greater confidence in the education or experience candidate brings to an employer.