The JPMorgan Chase Policy Center develops and advances sustainable, evidence-based policy solutions to drive inclusive economic growth in the U.S. and around the world. It is powered by the firm's global business resources and expertise, including data, research, talent and philanthropic investments. The PolicyCenter works with policy, business and community leaders to drive effective solutions at all levels of government.
The Policy Assistant will directly support members of the Policy Center team across a breadth of policy strategies and special projects, and will report to the Research & Policy Chief of Staff. The role is a part of our Washington, D.C.-based team, but due to COVID precautions we anticipate this role will be remote through August 2021.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Enhance policy proposals and planning through active monitoring of legislative and regulatory actions using general online research and in-house tools
- Contribute to success of internal and external meetings and events through materials and logistics preparation and program administrative support
- Create and edit team work products, including PowerPoint presentations in PowerPoint, written memos in Word, and management of data as-needed in Excel
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Team player with the ability and organization to multitask and help colleagues as needed
- Demonstrated experience juggling multiple responsibilities and meeting team deadlines
- Interest, and preferably experience, in policy, economics, government relations, political science, and/or communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Internet Explorer.
- A full-time student, enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or Masters program at an accredited academic institution.