The Montgomery County Executive’s Office seeks to provide a Temporary Part-Time Student Fellowship opportunity. This fellow will work closely with staff to support administrative functions and policy research. The program will last for the summer with the possibility of an extension into fall 2021. This internship will pay $15.25 an hour. Hours and days are flexible but there must be a commitment of 15-20 hours per week. The Fellow will likely be required to work in-person at the Rockville office (101 Monroe) at least some of the time each week. The position is available immediately. Currently this opportunity is only open to Montgomery County residents.
Duties and Work Products may include the following:
- Draft, edit, proofread, and format correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Track and monitor the status of various issues, documents, projects, activities, and initiatives
- Research and analyze different areas of policy that impacts local government
- Conduct comparative analyses on policy approaches by different jurisdictions
- Produce a literature review of best resources regarding research topics for the County Executive
- Aggressively and professionally pursue answers and produce quality reports
- Take part in the planning and coordinating meetings and events
- Review and draft responses to incoming mail
- Attend high level meetings and take notes for principals
- Complete other special projects as assigned.
- Be in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information•Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and professional demeanor (a good sense of humor is appreciated)•Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse workplace team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Strong organizational, customer service and project management skill
- Course of study or prior experience in a public policy setting highly desirable
- Attend meetings, mostly virtual through Microsoft Teams but this may change depending on Covid-19 developments and guidance
Please submit a cover letter, a résumé, a brief (2 pages maximum) work or school public policy related writing sample, and a fun fact about yourself to Dominic J. Butchko, Senior Executive Administrative Aide, Montgomery County Government at email@example.com. The application deadline for this position is close of business on May 26, 2021.