What: A semester long volunteer experience for 5 hours per week to help elect Brooke Lierman as Maryland’s first woman comptroller and to learn about how campaigns work.
Learn about Brooke at BrookeLierman.com. This is a volunteer opportunity. The campaign will reimburse any incurred costs.
Who: Seeking college and high school students who have an enthusiasm for civic life, liberal politics, and are interested in learning new skills and meeting new people! No prior political experience needed.
When: Start date: September 20th, 2021
End date: December 17th, 2021 - Goal of 5 hours per week and with schedule flexibility.
Virtual or in-person: The core of the fellowship will be run virtually. Some opportunities will be in-person pending COVID-19 trends, however in-person opportunities will be optional.
Why: Because we need your help to ensure that Brooke is elected as our next Comptroller!
The fine print: - You will be the lead for your area when it comes to direct voter contact
- You will help amplify the campaign's message via social media, events and recruitment
- You will help plan, find and execute campaign events
- You will learn how to network with activists in your area
- You will learn how to use VAN – VoteBuilder– upon which all Democratic campaigns rely. You will help input data, etc.
- You will interact with voters (in a safe way) at events around the state and knock on doors in key precincts and phone bank with us
- You will be involved in program planning and brainstorming and input will be welcome on any work of the campaign
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a letter of recommendation and a member of the campaign will be happy to serve as a reference for future opportunities
To Apply: Complete this Google Form by September 17th, 2021. You can also access the Google Form at bit.ly/CollegeFellowship2021.
Deadline to Apply: September 17th, 2021. Everyone who applies will be notified by September 23rd if they have been selected for the program. Accepted applicants will be sent details on the program, an official start date/time, and a memorandum about the Fellowship and working with the campaign!
Note: This internship involves too few hours to be likely to qualify for an internship course. For information on internship course requirements, contact your program or the college's internship coordinator.