The Middle East and Central Asia Department (MCD) of the International Monetary Fund has two openings for Research Analysts. The positions are full-time, entry-level, one-year contractual appointments renewable for up to four years. The expected starting dates for the positions are in May 2022.
This is not an internship.
The research analyst uses quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, knowledge of technology and information systems, and research abilities to support the operational work of the Fund.
- Collecting and compiling statistical information from various data sources
- Validating statistical information from alternative data sources for accuracy and consistency
- Processing and transforming data sets using statistical and econometric techniques, and maintaining and updating statistical information in structured databases
- Evaluating economic relationships in databases, analyzing economic time series data, preparing data submissions as input for IMF publications, formats charts and tables for IMF publications
- Assisting in original research and cross-country projects, and supporting other research analysts in the department.
- Understand economic concepts and demonstrate a working knowledge of data sources to obtain macroeconomic and financial data
- Show an ability to gather and process statistical materials with minimum supervision and report results cogently both orally and in writing
- Have a strong aptitude for processing economic data with skills in using Bloomberg, Excel, and custom database applications.
- Residency status within 35 miles of Washington, D.C., but may have citizenship from any of the IMF’s 190 member countries
- Experience with econometric techniques using statistical applications such as Stata or Eviews
If you meet the above requirements, please send resume to Gabajyan@imf.org.Deadline:
March 17, 2022 5 PM EST