The Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) is an administrative tribunal, functioning much like a court, which sets royalty rates and terms of payment for use of works under compulsory licenses, and distributes royalty fees deposited with the United States Copyright Office.
The CRB seeks college student volunteers to help make the Office’s historical records accessible by establishing a digital filing system. This internship will support the CRB digitization efforts converting paper-based documents to a digital format.
Students selected for this internship will organize, code, and scan CRB paper filings and other legal documents; review digital images for technical correctness of content and format; identify legal documents due for disposal according to the office file plan; and project-related administrative duties.
Eligibility and Appointment
College students (undergraduate and graduate level within one year of graduation), in good standing, and with a 3.0 GPA or above.
- Citizenship Requirements: U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident or F-1 Visa holder
- Majors Preferred: Library Information Science; Information Systems; Technical Management; Archiving; Law or pre-Law.
- Qualifications: Ability to meet deadlines, organize, and pay attention to details. Experience with digital archiving, scanning, and basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of Records Management (i.e., digital scanning, file plan, digital filing, etc.).
- Program Duration: Appointment is for a minimum of 1 semester onsite (10 First Street SE, Washington, DC 20540). Interns will volunteer a minimum of 120 hours. Schedule is Monday-Friday, 8 hours per day.
- Stipend/Compensation: None. Transit subsidy may be available for students.
CRB Digitization Internship Application and Selection Process
The Library of Congress does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Point of Contact
Name: Copyright Office Administrative Services Division