The FUTURE OF INTERFACE (FOI) research project goals are:
1) predict the future of next-next generation technological interfaces (i.e., 20+ years from now)
2) identify problems and develop strategies to make these interfaces accessible to people with all disabilities
3) create a research and policy agenda outlining the necessary accessibility strategies, technologies, and policies to help get us from here to there
The SIMPLER INTERFACES project goals are:
1) To create interfaces for those who cannot use today’s digital interfaces well or at all
2) To figure out what works and what doesn’t for these individuals
- Establish social media presence and assist in engagement (i.e., using Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Help locate other efforts on predicting the future of interfaces
– or on advanced interface accessibility - including Sci-Fi visions of future interfaces
- Help to manage the FOI website - keeping it up to date
RE Simpler interfaces:
- Assist in evaluation of Trace Center prototype simpler interfaces (I.e. Easy123, Simple Gmail) A great opportunity go get both academic and practical experience
– while having an impact on the real lives of people with disabilities.
We are looking for someone who:
- is innately curious and who loves technology
- Has a strong interest or passion for accessibility
- Is reliable and self motivating
- Can work both independently and as part of a team
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, unofficial transcript, and 2 professional (e.g., previous employers) or academic (e.g., teachers, professors) references.
Hours: 8-10 hours a week
Duration: full year
Deadline: September 6, 2022.
Start date: As soon as filled.