Visit the Your Career tab on the BSOS website for more information and access to fantastic online resources!
Make an appointment to discuss:
· Job and internship search strategies
· How to tailor you resume and cover letter
· Graduate school exploration and applications
· Major and career exploration
· Developing a career plan
· And any other career- or internship-related topics you would like to discuss!
Walk-In Hours: Want to chat with a UCC @ BSOS staff member for 15 minutes? Stop by 2148 Tydings during Walk-In hours! Click HERE to see the hours. Discussion topics could include resume development, graduate school, networking questions, etc.
Resume Review Walk-Ins: One-on-one assistance with a Peer Career Educator is available on a walk-in basis from 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. daily in the University Career Center, 3rd floor of Hornbake Library, South Wing.
Recent graduates are more likely to get hired if they planned ahead and gained out of the classroom experiences. Get involved and take advantage of the many opportunities on and off-campus, such as internships, service-learning, research, and more!
Not sure where to start? Review these six easy ways to get started on your career exploration and planning:
- Save time by having a list of position that match your interests emailed to you weekly! Log into your Careers4Terps account and conduct an Advanced Search for jobs and internships that interest you. Then, click “Saved Searches” to save your search and schedule the email.
- Review the BSOS Career Action Plan to identify what you have not completed and make a plan to get engaged.
- Connect with the University Career Center to stay informed of events: follow the Career Center on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for email updates from the BSOS blog! Just enter your email address on the right-hand side.
- Check out upcoming events on campus, including career and internship fairs, workshops, on-campus interviews and much more.
- Connect with BSOS alumni early and often to conduct informational interviews and learn about other Terps’ career paths.
- Download the Terp Guide and review tips on resume development, internship search strategies, interviewing prep, etc.
Tips for Post-Graduation
Top Ten Tips for Applying to Graduate School
Many BSOS majors pursue an advanced degree in their field upon graduation. Graduate school can be a great opportunity that can sometimes expand career possibilities, but it is also a big investment of time, hard work, and money! If you’re considering a graduate degree, check out our top tips for applying to graduate school, as well as our timeline for applying to graduate school to stay on track!
Countdown to Graduation: Ten Tips for Life After College
You have put the work in and the end is in sight…graduation is just around the corner and you will be joining 1,000’s of other BSOS graduates. Do you feel prepared? Whether you have a plan or are still in the process of deciding what is next, check out these tips on preparing for your next adventure!
Visit the Your Career tab on the BSOS undergraduate website for more information and access even more online resources!
College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
CAREER the Turtle…because SUCCESS starts here.