The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) Dean’s Student Advisory Council (DSAC) is an undergraduate committee that provides a forum for the exchange of information and discussion of matters pertinent to the undergraduate experience. Comprised of one voting representative from each of the College’s academic departments, one representative for the College’s Living and Learning Programs, and at least three but no more than five at-large committee representatives, the council meets weekly with the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education.
DSAC is charged with:
- Coordinating programs among students, faculty, and alumni to facilitate and build relationships and foster a sense of community;
- Evaluating University, College, and Department information and policies;
- Hearing and voicing undergraduate student concerns to the Deans, Department Chairs, and Undergraduate Directors;
- Educating students on academic policies and procedures; and,
- Where appropriate, rallying students to actions.
DSAC is lead by four student officers, the DSAC Chair, and the three Vice Chairs of Student Services, Academics, and Programming. Each year, a public call for nominations for new DSAC members is issued and officers are elected on an annual basis by the current DSAC members under the oversight of the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education and DSAC Instructor. Meeting minutes are available from the DSAC Chair upon request.
Click here to meet your DSAC representatives!
2016-17 DSAC Annual Report
2015-16 DSAC Annual Report
2014-15 DSAC Annual Report
2013-14 DSAC Annual Report
DSAC Brown Bag Student-Faculty Lunches
BSOS Dean's Student Advisory Council Graduating Seniors (May 2016)
Pictured from left to right are seniors Nyasha Mandima, Natalia White, Washiq Ahmed, Vanessa Jarnes, and Jhansi Katamam. Missing from photo are seniors Rhys Hall, Emily Masucci, and William Ladipo.)
BSOS Dean's Student Advisory Council Members at Cultural Explosion, the kick-off event for
BSOS International Week on February 27 - March 3, 2017. Big thanks to Global Communities for making this great event possible!