The Resnick Aspen Action Forum Intern will provide programmatic, operational, and administrative support for the Action Forum Team. Applicants should have an interest in planning major international events, a keen attention to detail, and strong written and oral communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the 2019 registration process and send bi-weekly updates on registration targets and other event related details.
- Help maintain the attendee database in Salesforce including details such as contact information, personalized agendas, travel and lodging logistics, payment details, scholarship information, etc.
- Support the creation of personalized agendas, specifically ensuring that changes made through the Salesforce platform appear correctly on the public website.
- Assist with the creation of the event “Leaders Page” with registered attendees, bios, and photos.
- Help the Program Manager with development of digital and in-person orientations for new participants.
- Assist with the development of attendee materials including event badge, swag, agenda, and seminar readings.
- Support travel logistics for Moderators and Scholars.
Operations & Budget
- Support Program Manager with vendor contracts, deposits, and final payments.
- Assist with the tracking and review of scholarship requests.
- Provide administrative support during team meetings and trainings. Duties include note taking, printing, and assisting with presentations.
- Help track and manage materials needed on-site including supplies for seminars, workshops, and registration.
- Help schedule conference calls with staff, partners, moderators, event participants, presenters, and vendors.
- Support the Program Manager with program role invitations—including speakers, moderators, presenters, etc.
- Help with the development of the 2019 curriculum—the foundation of the Action Forum Seminar sessions. Duties include seeking copyright permissions, ordering books, etc.
- Assist with the development of new Action Forum programming.
- Support other programmatic needs on an ad hoc basis.
- Travel to Aspen several days in advance of the event for final preparations.
- Support the execution of topical dialogues, workshops, plenary sessions, the Action Forum 5K, and receptions over the 5 days the Forum is held.
- Assist with event wrap up including thank you notes.
- Work on other aspects of the event as needed.
Knowledge, Education and Experience
Ideal candidates will possess the following traits:
- Interest in event planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and a level of comfort working with new databases and systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure of deadlines
- Self-motivated, with initiative and a strong capacity for collaborative work
Internship would require travel to Aspen at the end of July for the Action Forum (July 24-28)
Please visit the Aspen Institute’s career page and follow the instructions to submit a brief cover letter and resume.
This is an internship with a minimum requirement of 24 hours per week with option for additional hours. Preferred time commitment is January through August.
Application closing date: January 4, 2019
Apply on the Aspen Institute website.