The Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance seeks an energetic, highly motivated, and detail-oriented student to assist with finance-related projects and other office tasks as assigned.This a part-time, 12-15 hours/week position.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with finance and data projects, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting research on policies and initiatives
- Gathering data and compiling finance reports
- Answering phones, greeting guests, processing mail, other clerical duties as needed
Must be a current University of Maryland graduate or undergraduate student with at least sophomore standing. A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is recommended. All applicants with the requisite skills will be considered, but students with an area of study related to finance, accounting, or business administration are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn in a professional setting
- Ability to maintain a consistent and reliable schedule
- Discretion, and an understanding of the confidentially associated with a Vice President’s office
Academic background related to finance or accounting
Experience with managing databases and compiling reports
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to:
Tacy Lambiase, Coordinator Division of Administration and Finance
University of Maryland
2119 Main Administration Building
College Park, MD 20742
Applications will be accepted until Monday, December 21, 2015.
Interviews may be scheduled prior to this date if a sufficient number of applications are received in advance.