Program Description: DAI is launching its first-ever entry-level rotation program, a year-long training and development program designed to introduce new professionals with an interest in international development to the important aspects of the business. Through a series of three phases, Development Assistants will learn the basics of project management and operations, business development, and federal compliance and internal audit at DAI and gain a holistic view of the international development business. Upon successful completion of the rotation program, Development Assistants will have the opportunity to apply to full-time Associate positions in DAI’s Delivery unit directly supporting one of DAI’s four regions.
Function of the Position:
Development Assistants will be assigned to a specific geographic region and will support the work of the Delivery unit, Business Development unit, and the Internal Audit department through a year-long rotation. Each phase has a specific set of tasks and responsibilities that align with the responsibilities of each department. Upon successful completion of the milestones for each phase, Development Assistants will progress to the next phase. The roles and responsibilities for each are outlined below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Delivery - Project Management (3 months)
- Under the guidance of Regional Finance and Operational Manager (RFOM), provides backstopping and support to projects in an Assistant capacity, helps with day-to-day project operations, and assists with ad hoc tasks as requested by from Project Delivery Teams for projects on a surge capacity.
- Submits requisitions for requesting purchases for goods and services and drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates.
- Processes sector and project financial transactions, as required.
- Business Development (6 months)
- Supports regional new business team on proposal efforts to contribute to that region’s 2016 win target.
- Provides research, administrative, and logistical support to new business efforts at a variety of stages. Illustrative tasks include: compiling past and on-going project experience; organizing information on potential subcontractors and resource organizations; creating charts, tables, and staffing matrices
- Assists at least two proposal teams with tasks related to proposal coordination, pricing, or recruitment
- Undertakes other new business-related tasks as required.
- Internal Audit (3 months)
- Assists the Internal Audit team with planning and responding to requests and required research for internal and external audits and investigation.
- Grade 4: Minimum one year relevant administrative experience and BS/BA degree
- Demonstrated understanding of/interest in the international development field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience living or working internationally preferred
- Professional working proficiency in a foreign language preferred (such as Arabic, French, or Spanish)
The anticipated start date for this position is June 13, 2016.