The Maryland Democratic Party Internship Program provides undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates, a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience in Maryland’s political process.
We are now accepting applications for Summer 2016 Maryland Democratic Party Internships. The Summer internship will run from May 2016 to August 2016 with the potential for an extension. Internships will focus in several areas including fundraising, digital, communications, data, and community outreach. The internship will be based at our office in Annapolis.
Intern duties and responsibilities include:
- Draft communications for general distribution
- Manage data lists
- Assist in event planning
- Communicate with Democratic Party officials, offices and staff
- Build relationships with Democratic affiliated organizations
- General research
- General office support and organization
- An interest in politics, especially Maryland politics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to commute to our office in Annapolis
- Interns should be prepared to use their own laptop computers
- Interns may be asked to attend events in Annapolis and around the state of Maryland
Interns must commit to a minimum of twenty hours per week during normal business hours
Schedules will be set with your direct MDP supervisor
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.