Part-time (10 hours/week), Temporary (through May 2019)
The Global Communities Living-Learning program is a two-year residential program supported by the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS). The program offers invited freshmen from all majors a combination of courses, extracurricular opportunities, and residential living with a focus on globalization, global issues and intercultural understanding. All students are required to engage in experiential learning. Our mission is to bring together a diverse group of students to discuss, debate, and learn about the global trends that shape their lives and careers. Global Communities is seeking a motivated individual interested in gaining program coordination experience in a higher education setting. The position will focus on three key areas: admissions support, marketing support, and program support. The position will report to the Associate Director of Global Communities.
- Manage and respond to incoming inquiries from prospective students and families via email, telephone, and in-person
- Represent program at UMD Admissions events and Accepted Student Open Houses
- Assist in planning and implementation of all program-related events, both on-and off-campus (e.g. field trips, on-campus programming, Maryland Day, graduation ceremony, etc.)
- Management of sign up systems
- Day-of event coordination: set up, breakdown, catering, transportation, supervising student volunteers, and other logistics
- General office assistance
- Design/create promotional materials (posters, flyers) to market program events
- Manage weekly email newsletter mailing using MailChimp
- Maintain active social media and communication plan including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram accounts
- Update/maintain program website using Drupal content management system
Required: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and previous professional experience in an office setting. Candidates must have previous experience and comfort in utilizing MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Drive, and social media applications. Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students, families, staff and faculty.
Preferred: Familiarity with UMD campus organization and systems. Previous event planning experience.
10 hours per week through May 2019. Daily schedule is flexible, but must have availability for most Fridays, as well as occasional evenings and weekends.
Note: This is a temporary part-time position and does not include tuition remission or other benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com - Subject: Temp Program Assistant 2019 or apply online: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
For best consideration, apply by February 11