The economic research internship program offers a number of summer research opportunities across each of our four economics divisions.
- Financial Stability (FS)
- International Finance (IF)
- Monetary Affairs (MA)
- Research & Statistics (R&S)
Summer projects cover a broad range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Gathering /analyzing large data sets
- Programming economic models
- Historical analysis
- Economic Forecasting
- Analyzing current policy issues
These internships are ideal for students looking to build their research acumen, who have an interest in graduate school, or who are considering the Board’s Research Assistant program after graduation. Economic interns are given priority consideration in the RA recruitment process, given positive summer performance and aligned graduation timeframes, for our open positions.
Note: This posting is for multiple economic research internships in each of the four divisions listed above. All internships last 10-12 weeks and are located in Washington, D.C.
To learn more about the Board’s economists and their research, visit: https://www.federalreserve.gov/econres.htm
- U.S. citizenship required
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, with at least one semester remaining after August 2021
- Pursuing a degree in economics, finance, or related field (e.g. Statistics, computer science, mathematics, business)
- Previous research and statistical programming experience is a plus, but not required
No later than November 6, 2020, you must complete the following:
- Upload resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to your profile before submitting your application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- At least one (1) must be academic; the second can be academic or professional.
- Attach the letter to your application profile if you have a copy.
- If your recommender would like their submission to remain confidential, they can send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attach on your behalf.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or application, membership, or service in the uniformed services.