Now 90+ strong with offices across the country, we represent an emerging version of America. We are majority women, majority people of color. We are immigrants, we are disabled, and we are religious minorities. We bring our full selves to our work, and our varying backgrounds and experiences allow us to offer a unique and often untold perspective to public policy, imbuing us with the fierce urgency of now – we know why this work matters.
Spend time with us and you quickly learn we value smarts, creativity, and audaciousness in just about all we do… and a sense of humor is a contractual must. Learn more at rabengroup.com.
What We Need:
We are seeking a Spring 2021 Intern to join our our Washington, DC location primarily to support The Raben Group’s client teams and engagements. The practice areas we are seeking interns in are Issue Areas and Campaigns, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Government Affairs, and Media and Communications. Strong candidates must have contextual knowledge, strong critical thinking abilities, the desire to develop and the tactical skills to advance the strategic mission and vision of The Raben Group and further the development and success of our firm.
Our successful internship candidate will have a high degree of initiative, personal resilience, attention to detail, intellectual engagement in the subject-matter at hand, and a concierge-like approach to client services.
- Support individual practice areas in day to day activities and client services functions.
- Writing and Content Development: Draft and/or edit press releases, opinion editorials, media advisories, website and social media content, reports, memos, surveys, presentations, and other public relations content and collateral.
- Event Management: Assist in the planning, coordination, and staffing of media events, convenings, conference calls, trainings, panels, etc., including venue logistics, registrations, and on-site support. Build awareness and excitement around client events and engagements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university.
- A strong interest in progressive policy and social issues
- A passion for serving clients
To apply for this internship opportunity, we require the following information:
- Your name, college/university, major, and year
- Your current location
- A resume and cover letter expressing your interest in The Raben Group
- At least two writing and/or work samples