For best consideration, apply by January 15.
Job ID 180583BR
As a Political Unit intern, students will have the opportunity to gain insight into the U.S. political system and CNN's editorial process.
The tasks could include, but are not limited to:
- Accompany producers to DC-based political events
- And observe and assist with the production of political packages for air
- Assist with other political coverage as needed
- Candidate seeking a career in journalism, writing, or research preferred.
- Extensive understanding of and interest in political campaigns and U.S. politics a must.
- Should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Interns would need to be available during the week for this internship.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th through August 13th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Please note that CNN Summer 2021 intern postings may be taken down as soon as we receive an extensive pool of applicants per role. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Apply on the CNN website.