Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Our program is designed to mentor and develop talented individuals with strong leadership potential and strategic thinking capability. We are looking for energetic, highly motivated individuals who are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s level (or equivalent) degree. As an intern you will work with a variety of our staff on projects that will help contribute to our community investment initiatives. The intern’s responsibilities may vary based on the demands within the department. This role will be split to support both international government relations as well as our social impact work.
The Internship is a 10-week project-based assignment that may include:
- Track legislation key to HPE’s legislative agenda
- Support HPE’s public sector business through public policy work
- Track and benchmark digital inclusion initiatives by foundations, corporations, and other organizations
- Create central inventory of technical pro bono projects with strategic partners that are aligned with HPE’s business of digital transformation
- Develop and execute a supporting event for signature HPE Accelerating Impact campaign
- Additional opportunities in related projects
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Proven passion for social impact
- Excellent project management, writing, communication, and research skills
- Detail-oriented, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Quick learner with bias for action
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Prompt and reliable
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with expected graduation after May 2021. Preferred coursework: international development, social justice, social entrepreneurship, business (social responsibility), sociology
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
Four-year university students who are working in a non-technical internship role during their study or in summer breaks between university semesters.
Education and Experience Required:
High School Degree 3rd Year of University completed-typically a non- technical degree specialization.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers [Direct Link: https://careers.hpe.com/job/Hewlett-Packard-Enterprise-Washington-Government-Relations-and-Social-Impact-Intern-District%20of%20Columbia/141003150}