We here in BSOS are searching for a new Coordinator for Undergraduate Communications & Recruitment. We are looking to fill this position right away.
The full-time Coordinator for Undergraduate Communications & Recruitment manages all mass communications from the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) to undergraduate students from the Associate Dean’s Office: including social media posts, a weekly listserv, an undergraduate blog, and an undergraduate website. This position leads all college communications to prospective freshman and transfer students and coordinates campus recruitment and outreach initiatives, strategies, and events. The position also runs two student service courses. This position offers the potential for part-time telework.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two (2) years experience in marketing, communications, or related fields are preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, sometimes competing priorities, while providing deliverables within required time frames. Must be comfortable working independently and self-directing assignments and workload. This position is well-suited to individuals who thrive within a community office environment, but also value autonomy and are effective without daily delegation from supervisors.
- Excellent communications skills, including both writing and oral presentation strengths required. Prior experience communicating with, and messaging college students (18–25-year-old demographic) is preferred.
- Familiarity with social media and website communication strategies, including web content management for institutional or professional settings, is required. Experience with Canva and Constant Contact is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Experience with Creative Cloud Suite is preferred.
- Experience teaching and mentoring teams of student leaders is preferred.
- Familiarity with event planning and organizational logistics for groups of approximately 300 people is preferred.
- Experience with undergraduate admissions and/or recruitment is preferred.
- Experience with specific content management systems, such as Drupal, Hootsuite, or WordPress, is preferred.
- Experience in collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for regular reports is preferred. Experience working with FERPA protected information is preferred.