The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Response to Terrorism (START), based here at the University of Maryland, is now accepting applications
As a START intern you will get:
- Experience working with a large team of dynamic and experienced researchers.
- Exposure to cutting-edge theories and methods.
- Deepen your understanding of current issues in terrorism and homeland security.
- Work on projects of immediate interest to the practitioner and policy community.
- Hone and develop a range of transferable skills attractive to future employers.
- Opportunity to work with and meet other students and researchers with similar interests.
- Virtual Enrichment activities offering wide opportunities for learning and personal growth, schedule includes simulations, career presentations and research talks.
- Mentorship from START staff and researchers in a successful professional environment.
- Internships can be undertaken for academic credit (depending on approval from your institution and department).
- Currently remote and will be remote in the summer.
- May have the option to work in person pending further public health developments, but all will retain the ability to continue working remotely if desired.
Stipend includes receiving $3,000 for summer semesters and $2,250 for fall and spring semesters.
- Priority: Sunday, March 13 at 11:59pm ET
- Final: Sunday, April 3 at 11:59pm ET
- Review internship project descriptions and qualifications on the START website.
- Complete the summer 2022 internship application.
Virtual Information Sessions:
Attend the upcoming virtual information session to learn more about the program, explore resume and cover letter tips, and ask questions.
Questions? Contact Eva Coll at firstname.lastname@example.org.