The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences at the University of Maryland is seeking a motivated part-time writer/communications assistant to help generate content for the College’s website, contribute to the College’s social media presence and support the overall communications goals of the College throughout the fall 2022 and spring 2023 semesters (and possibly beyond). Applicants must be enrolled in classes at the University of Maryland in the fall 2022 semester.
Education: This position is open for current University of Maryland College Park Undergraduate students enrolled in Fall 2022 classes only.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Write copy that is crisp and to the point, simplifying sometimes complex ideas and terminology for a general audience
- Be comfortable and experienced interviewing professionals across a wide array of subject matters (via phone or Zoom)
- Manage multiple assignments, prioritize workloads and produce high-quality work within established deadlines
- Work independently while maintaining regular contact with supervisors
- Contribute to and manage social media platforms in a professional setting
- Available to work up to 15 hours per week (remotely)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Word/Google Docs, specifically the tracked changes feature
- Content management systems for websites (i.e. Drupal)
- Zoom (or other online videoconferencing platforms)
- Graphic Design