Connect with organizations looking to hire for part-time, internship and full-time positions in these fields and learn about ways to build your experience on our campus. Business attire is recommended, though not required. Be sure to bring multiple copies of your resume.
Confirmed employers/organizations include (as of 9/19, check this link for the most updated list):
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools: Teachers
- Baltimore County Public Schools: K-12 Teaching positions
- Diplomatic Language Services: Language Instructor & Cultural Trainer, Curriculum Developer, Foreign Language Proficiency Tester
- Fairfax County Public Schools: FLES (Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Korean, Chinese), Teachers (Arabic, Russian, German, Latin, Spanish, Korean, French, German)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): Special Agent, Electronic Technician, Computer Scientist, Contract Specialist, Intelligence Analyst, Data Scientist, Electronics Engineer, Employee Assistance Counselor, Equipment Specialist (Automotive Mechanic), IT Specialist
- International Center for Religion & Diplomacy: Internships
- Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School: BASE After School Instructor (PT 2:00-6:00 pm), Counselor/Mental Health Provider,
Dedicated Aide (PT 8:15am-12:15pm), Montessori Guides, Special Education Teacher, Substitute Teachers
- Latin American Youth Center/MMYC: AmeriCorps/21st Century Program Coordinator, Street Outreach
- Liberty Language Services: Medical Interpreters (In all languages), Interpreters (In all languages), Translators
- Masa Israel Journey: Internships, volunteering, professional training, and paid positions in Israel
- Montgomery County Police Department: Police Officer Candidates
- Montgomery County Public Schools: World Language Teachers
- National Endowment for Democracy: Assistant Program Officer, Research Associate, Program Assistant, Library Assistant
- Peace Corps: Community Economic Coordinator, English Education Teacher, Secondary Education Math/Science Teacher, English Literacy Educator, Youth Health Educator, Sustainable Agricultural Systems Volunteer, Environment and Food Security Educator
- Prince George's County Public Schools: Instructional Teaching Positions
- Prince William County Public Schools: Positions in all areas of public K-12 education
- TD International: Analyst, Senior Analyst, Senior Associate
- Urban Teachers: Urban Teachers Resident (for Aspiring Teachers!)
- USAID: Payne Fellowship Program, USAID Internships
- UMD Applied Research Laboratory for Intelligence and Security: Ongoing recruitment for annotators, transcribers and translators in multiple languages
- UMD Applied Linguistics & Language Education: Graduate Programs + Teaching Certification
- UMD Arabic & Persian Flagship Programs: Language Flagship Programs
- UMD Language House: Mentors for the language clusters of the Language House
- University of Maryland Virtual Global Internship Program: Social Science Researchers, Translators, Administrators
View the most updated list of participating organizations.
Prepare Your Resume for the Language Fair!
- Schedule a career planning appointment with the Feller Center.
- Watch this quick video for tips on how to best prepare!
- Feller Center's Career Fair Prep tips & resume examples.