The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Response to Terrorism (START), based here at the University of Maryland, is currently accepting applications for its Spring 2023 Paid Internship Program!
The spring application will remain open until Sunday, November 6 at 11:59pm ET, however students are encouraged to apply by 11:59pm ET on Sunday, October 23rd for best consideration. We were hoping you might be able to share the information below with any students and other contacts who you think may be interested in these opportunities!
START's Spring 2023 internship program will be in person at START headquarters in College Park, MD. Fully remote internships will not be possible for the Spring 2023 semester.
Why choose an internship at START?
- Experience working with a large team of dynamic and experienced researchers.
- Exposure to cutting edge theories and methods.
- Deepen your understanding of current issues in terrorism and homeland security.
- Work on projects of immediate interest to the practitioner and policy community.
- Hone and develop a range of transferable skills attractive to future employers.
- Opportunity to work with and meet other students and researchers with similar interests.
- Virtual enrichment activities, offering wide opportunities for learning and personal growth, schedule includes simulations, career presentations and research talks.
- Mentorship from START staff and researchers in a successful professional environment.
- Internships can be undertaken for academic credit (depending on approval from your institution and department).
How to apply:
Please visit https://www.start.umd.
Virtual information sessions:
Interested students are encouraged to attend our upcoming virtual information session, on Wednesday, October 26 at 4:00pm ET. This session will provide an opportunity to learn more about the program, explore resume and cover letter tips, and to ask questions. Interested students can sign up for the session here.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.