Position: Administrative Assistant II
Position Type: Full-Time, Entry-Level
Location: College Park, MD
The Department of Economics at the University of Maryland, College Park, is seeking to fill the position of an Administrative Assistant II. This position provides complex administrative support and excellent customer service in ECON’s main administrative office. Duties and responsibilities are summarized below:
- Serves as the first point of contact for both internal and external constituents entering the main office and is responsible for all daily opening and closing procedures.
- Processes and tracks to completion business requests, including foundation reimbursements, disbursement vouchers, internal service requests and small procurement requests.
- Assists in the organization and processing of department travel services for faculty, staff and guests.
- Coordinates the departmental seminar series including using Concur for travel requests and reimbursement, updating the Department’s website, and distributing seminar announcements.
- Manages and tracks departmental copy job requests and serves as the departmental liaison to the copy center as needed.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors and independently handles procedural and substantive matters and inquiries.
- Collects and processes textbook orders and tutoring resources.
- Distributes campus mail to departmental recipients.
- Manages and monitors several of the Department’s communal spaces, including the break room/kitchenette, mail/copy room and conference rooms.
- Provides back-up support for other staff and cross-trains as necessary.
- General knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing.
- Ability to proofread and edit written documents.
- Skill in various computer software packages, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation programs, Internet, email and calendaring software.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions.
November 2nd, 2022
For more information, please visit the job posting.